Hey guys, can we readdress this one? now that I get running this machine it’s stumbles badly under load I have installed a new fuel filter have also traced the lines back to the top of the tank and made sure I had good fuel to the filter I see in the electrical schematic that someone nicely forwarded to me that there is electric fuel pump, primer pump it says it’s located in the area around the water separator on the right hand side machine but I cannot find the electric pump what am I missing
Google cat 304c fuel pump to get a picture of it..
Fitted on machines up to FPK06198 then discontinued - you have FPK06398....... Obviously the electrical schematic was never updated. Attached is lines layout for your machine.
the little pumps look like old school in-line filters with wires. I think they are a filter and a pump all in one. I've bought about 5 of them off eBay - just to have spares. They are rather a nifty idea how they work IMHO.
Here are the fuel lines for a lower S/N machine. You can see the pump located right behund the fuel filter/water separator.