Hi All, looking for a service manual for this machine. Also I wasn't able to find any with EJJ prefix of the serial number. Don't know how important it is for the manual to be for that exact prefix. Could someone explain please?
Please post a photo of the machine PIN plate. EJJ prefix is listed as a D6T tractor..........
Here it is. I hope that is the right prefix.
This is what is on the hood. So 305 and 303.5 are the same?
Unfortunately not. Let me break it down so maybe you can understand it better. The complete 17-character reference on the plate is the Product Identification number (PIN). Last last 8 characters of the PIN is the machine Serial Number. This is what you use for parts and service information. In your case JX201040 The Serial Number is divided into two parts. The first three characters are the S/N Prefix - JX2 Characters 4-8 are the Sequence Number - 01040. So you should be looking for a Service Manual for a JX2-prefix 305.5E machine. The Cat Publication reference is UENR1580.
Thanks for explanation!!! Another confusing thing. On the plate it states model 303.5, on the hood 305, and you tell me that I need manual for 305.5?
Hello Nige! Can You say, were I can check this machine info: CAT03075CGW700670
Sorry the 305.5E was a typo on my part. The model is a 303.5E as per the PIN plate, not a 305.5E as I wrote above. UENR1580 is the correct service manual for a JX2-prefix 303.5E though. I would say that the 305 decal is the result of somebody deciding at some point to badge it as a bigger machine in order to drive the selling price up.
What do you need to know.?
I wanted to know year, working hours. Maybe some repairing history?
Year - built March 2019 Working hours - ask whoever is selling it. Maintenance history will only be available if a Cat dealer did the maintenance, and even then you would have to find out which dealer that was. One interesting fact is that it was supplied from the factory with Chinese instructions. The assumption therefore is that it was originally sold into China. Where is the machine located right now.? Another factoid. It was built to comply with LRC (less regulated countries) as regards emissions. I’m not sure how that would even allow it to be imported into Sweden.
Machine was bouth in China. Worked there, after work done, want to export to Sweden
CAT03018JH8X04807 This machine also was from China, and was ok, for bring in Sweden This show the same?
That Serial Number machine was built with an engine with an emissions system that is EU-Certified. I would say that is a big difference.
Thanks for clarification Nige!!!!