Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 304cr dozer arm repair

ADMSWELDING ยท 2010-04-26 20:01

Got called last week to fix this.Guy was moving a boulder the size of my rig.Don,t really know what he was doing but it cost him $450 to fix.Had to use 2 1-1/2ton chain come-alongs and a little ingenuity but got it fixed .The D-side arm was on the ground when i arrived and P-side was bent outward slightly also .Plated both arms with 3/8" plates to match.

Replies5
  1. #1nobull12010-04-27 18:45

    Nice job. He should be happy with that repair and the price. Anytime I repair anything I like to make it at least as good as it was, or preferably better.

  2. #2Jam2010-05-01 11:31

    Lovely neat job well done

  3. #3littlejoe42010-05-06 07:33

    yeah nice looks good, i'l have to let you know when I do something dumb with my 303cr because I don't know any better. You can give me a price to fix it. But really did any other damage happen, such as to the hydraulics of the blade?

  4. #4ADMSWELDING2010-05-16 21:29

    No other damage,i was surprised.:beatsme

  5. #5xr_guys2010-07-02 02:07

    I just recently had similar issue, mine i twisted the entire mounting bracket of the hydraulic cylinder of the blade, cab side. Cause of it, pulling a huge stump.