Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 304cr joystick wiring

Ignaciojezriel45 · 2023-09-23 07:46

I have aftermarket thumb on my mini exc my thumb won’t go down most of the time. I’ve replaced the joystick and solenoids it worked for about two hours. I took switch apart and found carbon buildup on contact. I cleaned it and it works until it arks when making contact and carbon builds up again and stops working. I believe it’s wired incorrectly but can’t find a diagram of how it should be wired. Any help is appreciated

Replies12
  1. #1Nige2023-09-23 08:25

    If you want an electrical schematic please poist a Serial Number for the excavator.

  2. #2Ignaciojezriel452023-09-23 08:40

    NAD 02995

  3. #3Ignaciojezriel452023-09-23 09:00

    2002 Cat 304cr

  4. #4Nige2023-09-23 11:46

    FYI all you need is the machine Serial Number to obtain parts & service information. "Year" means nothing. I'll send you an electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your messages.

  5. #5budicele2023-12-08 07:49

    Nige, Any chance you could send me an electrical schematic? I have the same machine. NAD00656. Working on engine timer/relay module. Thank you.....Buddy

  6. #6Nige2023-12-08 10:45

    On its way. Check your messages.

  7. #7budicele2023-12-08 14:10

    Thank you Nige.......this is very helpful. Is there a link on here to the service manual for that machine?

  8. #8Nige2023-12-08 14:51

    Not AFAIK. You would have to buy one. Search the interweb for Caterpillar Publication RENR6660. I can't see one at the moment. You can buy a new one from HERE in CD form for $420.

  9. #9budicele2023-12-08 15:04

    ok thank you Nige.

  10. #10NCCat3042025-03-25 15:14

    Nige, Could you send me an electrical schematic for a CAT 304? Serial# NAD02059

  11. #11Nige2025-03-25 15:56

    Check your message inbox.

  12. #120072025-03-25 18:30

    Hi Ignaciojezriel45, If you don't find any thing in the wiring I can give you some tips to look for. Cheers