Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 305.5 Excavator-Anybody have one-opinions?

Bliz ยท 2012-04-29 09:31

I just made a deal on a new Cat 305.5E excavator. I have to wait about 3 weeks for it as it is still on the boat. I am curious if anybody has an E or D and what their experience has been with it. Any info or opinions are appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1Carl Peter2012-04-30 09:44

    Not sure you are going to get any replies regarding the E series most dealers if any don't have them yet. Did you demo it, if so what did you demo it against ??

  2. #2Bliz2012-04-30 21:15

    No, I did not demo it and I didn't expect anyone else had, that is why I also asked about any experiences with the D series. I have had a number of Cat excavators and always had very good luck with them, except the under carriages on the 311's and 312's. I did run a 304 a few years back on a job and that seemed like a good machine for small trenching, etc. I was just curious about experiences, good or back, folks have had with them.

  3. #3JohnD3862012-04-30 21:54

    I know two guys running 305E cab machines. They both love them. The 303.5E Fuel consumption has been decreased. Hydraulics are much smoother than their prior C Series machines. You will be happy with your choice. To to mention 200 degrees of bucket rotation CAT offers on their mini's. Great machines with a great network of dealer support.

  4. #4Bliz2012-05-01 06:28

    JohnD386, Thanks for your info. I don't usually buy a machine without demoing it first, but my Cat salesman I have dealt with for years assured me I would be happy with it. He knows if I wasn't happpy he would get it back.