Whats the most mini excavator you can realistically haul with a one ton pickup? Also as far as used goes do any of the haulable mini ex's excell in performance better than others?
Your question begs for more info but. generally speaking amy TRUE mini-exc.can be pulled by a 3/4 or 1 ton truck.
Ok you moved it but where did you move it to?
Look at your p/u's licenced gvw ....... what does your p/u weigh ? ...... what trailer are you going to use and it's axle rating ? ..... as mentioned there are alot of factors to get a true answer to your questions . As an example : I have a 1-ton dually, I carry a fuel tank (110 us.gal) and 5th wheel hitch full time it weighs ~10,000#'s full of fuels ..... + I use a 24,000 # cap tandem dually gooseneck trailer to haul my 10,000 # Bobcat + with three of my attachments carried along this total weight is 30,500 #'s ....had to up my p/u gvw from the standard gvw, and now have to run a commercial pre-trip log book as well as have to get everything an anually MVI ...... $$$$$ .... But I'm legal. In your case you could probably haul a 6 ton excavator and 2 buckets with this sort of combination. So that's pretty much a Max of what you could haul with a 1-ton with a class 1 CDL ..... no axle or tire is over loaded with this combination either. Give us more info ........ cheers
I don't know the maximum but I have a Kubota KX-121 (around 8500#) that hauls nicely on a 14K GVW gn trailer. Part of the issue too is how well do you properly balance the load on the trailer. You can easily overload the rear axle on a 3/4t pickup. We had to upgrade from a 3/4t to a 1t because our gooseneck horsetrailer put too much weight on the truck axle. We were overloaded on the 3/4t even without horses. Ken
You will not be able to haul any mini excavator as it depends how you define a mini. Cat classifies their 308 excavator a mini and it weighs 18,500 lb.s. Generally, you are limited to about 15,000 lbs total weight (machine & trailer) on a bumper hitch. A goose neck will give you more. As Craft said, check you GVW rating in your pickup manual. It should have a chart in the back showing maximum towing weights for a bumper hitch and goose neck.
I haul a 12k lb, on a 14k equipment trailer with a 3/4 ton diesel with airbags, it works, as long as brakes are good on trailer your fine even going down steep grades, just take it easy, exhaust brake on truck is nice. BUT... check local laws as far as commercial license required for hauling that load. CA I believe you need a commercial license to tow a trailer with a gvw over 10k lbs. Even if it is unloaded. When I bought my trailer the dealer called the manufacturer and he sent a new sticker then delisted it to a 10k trailer so anyone can haul it (it is a 8 lug 14k trailer with a 10k sticker). But now I can't have a com licensed driver haul it w a up to 14k gvw load. I think a 4ton machine with a flat bed trailer will slip under 10k and tow great with a 1 ton.
No expert here but recently was working on this same issue. May not work for you as different state and maybe different situation: but I am not commercial and only use machine for my farm work. The license and some other issues go away with Farm tag here or become totally different. Now that does not mean you should not be safe in loads or equipment.
Now if only we could keep only the farmers using the farm tags...
Ive hauled an 85g deere with my dually and gooseneck was it legal not sure did it pull it fine yes it did, did it stop well eventually it did
I have no idea in South Carolina what is required to have a Farm Tag but I do know I was asked or had to supply info to get the tag. One point that comes to my mind on Farm vehicle is there can be a radius limit from base how far you can drive with those tags and same can apply to the insurance. Again in South Carolina. No idea right off what kind of tags they use for long distance hauling of crop, but doubt a true farmer at least here, does that themselves. I do not think Farm Tag on truck with signage such as Joes Contractor or Joes backhoe work would fly. lol