Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 305 C CR Rubber Tracks

epyinc ยท 2016-06-30 19:10

Can anyone tell me how aftermarket rubber tracks hold up compared to Cat oem ?

Replies5
  1. #1CM19952016-06-30 21:20

    Welcome to the Forums epyinc!:drinkup Aftermarket rubber tracks are a crapshoot, some are good and some are well crap. I don't know if Cat OEM's hold up any better than the good aftermarket tracks but a mini-ex depending on application is not hard on rubber tracks. My philosophy on mini's was buy a cheap track as it will take a while to wear them out. Totally different scenario for CTL's, as a CTL is dependent on it's UC to produce. A mini's UC is just there to get it from point A to point B with minimal dozing in between. I've had good luck with Camoplast and McLaren.

  2. #2epyinc2016-06-30 22:00

    Thank you

  3. #3lantraxco2016-06-30 23:42

    I would recommend http://www.track-mart.com/ Good people.

  4. #4HillBoy2016-07-01 20:21

    I agree 100% - for CTLs I'd never risk with cheap tracks, I'd go with McLaren or Bridgestone. Not sure about Camoplst as I never tried them. But for MX, go cheap or mid priced. Actually, McLaren offers some cheap versions for aftermarket as well.

  5. #5lantraxco2016-07-01 21:34

    I've heard good things about Camoplast. It's odd, I've heard lots of complaints about McLaren but they've been around forever.