Since I been shopping for a Mini Ex and I been doing a lot of research and was thinking I bet there is a lot of uses I am missing. Thought it maybe interesting to start a thread about the uses you have had for Mini Ex, be them "normal uses" or something a bit more unconventional. Photos are always welcome and encouraged!
I've got a pc50 with hydraulic thumb and just tore down a house and loaded it in dumpsters. Worked great, I did have a bobcat on sight to round up the small stuff to make it easier to load. First time I've done this with a mini, it would load a 30 yard dumpster in around 45 minutes breaking up the house into pieces as I went. A hydraulic thumb should be standard equipment on on. Pulled up the footings and loaded them easily on my dump truck without having to drop them very much.
digging, moving tough snow banks, mowing, engine hoist, logging, rock wall building, getting other vehicles unstuck............
trash compactor.
Woman Un-dresser ..... https://www.youtube.com/********=cuWSxFWv3Fo
Thought I'd throw this in. Not very special though. Well, You Tube links don't work. Hmmm. Just copy and paste in a new window or tab https://www.youtube.com/fkew6oJDmCc
What he said...I especially like 'driving' through forest blazing a trail...absolute wanton destruction.... It is like having your own Iron Man suit...except you can't fly in them, yet. A thumb is a must...
Digging a hole just cuz you can and planting a tree... after accidentally knocking it down.
Removing intrusive honeysuckle bush. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would make a good video!
Unconventional? I am a ham radio operator and use my Kx-121 to tilt over my 54' antenna tower. I have also used it for setting utility poles in the ground for the antennas. Most of it's use is building 4 wheeler and horse trails on the steep hillsides of the farm here. I also do some volunteer work with it on the horse trails in a couple of state parks.
Thats a good idea. I was thinking about using it to set 6x6x12' posts for a deck so I really like your thinking! Did you just strap them to the bucket?
Those post won't last as long buried in the soil. Around here they have to be sitting above grade on concrete piers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I removed the bucket and had the pole chained to the bucket mount bracket. Since they were 40+ ft poles, I strapped a bag of cement to the bottom to balance it. I did not --drive-- the poles in, the ground is too hard here for a mini to do that but set them into augered holes.
Pressure treated posts come in two varieties: rated for ground contact and not rated for ground contact. Properly treated posts will last in ground. Utility poles last 40 years or more. Around here, pole barns are built with treated posts set into the ground. Properly done, good post s will last.
Thanks for the heads up! I did get ground contact posts and am going to pour concrete piers for them to bolt to for extra support. Just figure it is going to be hard to lift and seeing them in place so using the mini is a great idea! thanks
They make a pretty good sawbuck, along with a bizillion other things.
Any one make a little crane attachment for the bucket to extend the reach. Something with a hook or loop so you can lift lifter loads further out?
K45, I just joined this forum today and I am too a ham, call is N8VCF, I would like to pick your brain sometime about using poles for tower.