looking To install block heater on my 2010 cat 305 . i called the dealer cat makes one (for $350 ) as seen picture/diagram .when searching the web I’ve found a bunch of expandable ones that go in freeze plug hole . one of the ones I saw online went in freeze plug hole and bolted in the two holes either side of freeze plug like in picture on side of my block. Only problem is I can’t find that type to fit my engine . Anyone ever install block heater on there 305 ? Do you suggest I get one from cat or should I keep trying to find bolt on freeze plug style heat ? I do like the style heaters that circulate the fluid .don’t like adding a cheap expandable style heater into freeze plug hole in the long term I know it will fail . my ac has no problem cooling the cab this time of year
This shows a 35mm installed right rear, pointing at 11 o clock. for a mitsubishi s4L2. Phillips & Temro Online Parts Catalog ShowMeTheParts is changing how the world finds replacement parts for their vehicles. www.showmetheparts.com Zerostart Engine Block Heater 3100078 310-0078 | eBay Zerostart Engine Block Heater 3100078 310-0078. All components in new condition, open box. www.ebay.com nothing wrong with a tank type circulating heater, they have to be installed correctly to thermosiphon without air locking, they use more power to get the same heat into the block, and you have to find the suitable ports just like a block heater, sometimes it's easier, sometimes tougher than a block heater.
Thanks for your time and the info ! the more I look into it the more I think I’ll be installing that style heater