I have a 3054 cat that has no oil pressure. I just changed the pump and still nothing. Right now I have the engine sitting on the bellhousing with oil pan off. If I put the sump in oil it will not pump thru the regulator. If I remove the regulator assembly it will pump and put out about 12 psi with just the starter. If I put the regulator assembly back on it will not pump thru the regulator assembly. There does not appear to be anything wrong with the regulator its pretty simple with a spring and piston. I found online on the site they had issues on the following below but didnt specify why. " The Oil Pressure Relief Valve Needs To Be Inspected On Certain 416B, 426B, 428B And 438B Backhoe Loaders, 307 And 312 Excavators, And 3054 Industrial And Generator Set Engines Caterpillar"
A machine Serial Number might help..... Judging by the title it is/was a service program where a number of engines were found to have a defective part (or parts) inside the oil pressure relief valve.
4Zk01106 is the engine serial all I know is engine was in a generator.
Does anyone have the part number for the oil pressure regulator? For a cat serial 4zk011060 model 103-8800. I need an oil pressure regulator. Can you give me price and shipping. Thanks
Is this what you are looking for..? If so, here are the Part Numbers. The valve is not available complete, only piece parts. #4 - 6I-1087 Housing As, #5 - 6I-0786 Spring, #6 - 6I-0787 Snap Ring, #7 - 7W-4648 Spring Seat, #8 - 7W-4782 Plunger.
Hey I have a 3054 sitting in a Cat 312A . serial nr on engine is 5HK45981. I have a problem with the oil pressure. When i start it up i runs fine. But when its been drive for around 30 minutes to an hour the oil pressur alarm comes on. If i let it cool down i can start it up and it will work fine for 30 minuts to an hour again. Im wondering if this can be a problem with the releif valve?
I would suspect bad sending unit. Doesn't make much sense that after a half hour you lose pressure. I would start with a mechanical gauge to rule that out. Also sometimes the oil coolers get clogged up. That would be my second thought.
Ok. Thanks. So i just put on a manometer where the sending unit usally sits right? I try to find the partsnumber for it.
Yes you would unscrew the oil pressure sender and screw the gauge in.
You might be better trying to find a T-ftting that you can install where the existing oil pressure sender fits and then install the sender and the mechanical gauge to the "legs" of the T. Even for a test, removing the existing sender might cause an alarm or no engine start condition if it registered no pressure.
Just get a 1/8 pipe tee and thread in oil pressure gauge
Hey Moparman did you find the cause to your problem. Im having the same issue with my backhoe