Hello I have a cat 305c cr and it’s blown a swing motor seal twice now and I was wondering if anyone might have any idea as to why it keeps blowing the swing motor seal. I did notice that the cab swings freely from time to time. Any help would be appreciated.
do you have a picture of the seal? any other damage inside? parking brake is not engaging thats why its probably swinging free, but shouldn't have an effect on the seals. Do share more details and can have a look. hope that helps
Swing motion is stopped by stovepiping the oil. There is circuit leakage if the swing overruns. The swing brake is applied when stationary, releases when any house function is operated, and is reapplied 5 to 6 seconds after pilot controls are in neutral. The swing brake DOESN'T stop swing motion, it only holds the swing function stationary.
usually theres a pressure switch (green little knobby thing) with 2 wires out that detects when you are about to swing and disengages the swing park brake. so it could be that its faulty and staying on so the parking brake doesn't come on after about +3s when machine is stationary. However if the machine is swinging and drifting when you reverse swing direction it could be a few issues on pressure side that needs more digging into. I'm trying to figure out how the seal gets blown so send some more info on that and could try to help you figure out what's causing that
Currently I do not have any photos but once I start taking it part then I’ll send some onto here