Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 305CR Hyd Thumb

Phil_C ยท 2025-08-12 06:00

Hello All I have a 2005 Cat 305CR that I want to fit a Cat style hydraulic thumb to. I have to make one as the coupler is not the same width as the Cat coupler. Does anyone know what thumb cylinder fits that model excavator? I need to check the specs for the cylinder so that I get one the same stroke and bore. I took my serial number to my Cat dealer and they were unable to help. Regards Phil

Replies4
  1. #1Universal Parts2025-08-12 08:51

    What width do you need? Take a picture and I can find it out.

  2. #2brwesi2025-08-13 10:08

    I have a 302.5 C and added a hydraulic thumb. I contacted Tom's Thumbs and he provided a complete assembly that was perfect fit for my machine. It is very well shaped, stout and I highly recommend him.

  3. #3Phil_C2025-08-24 06:53

    Hello All Thanks for the replies. The width of the coupler is 300mm with the center being offset by 40mm. Even if I could get a model number for the Cat thumb then I could look it up in SIS myself.

  4. #4nonprod2025-10-22 02:06

    Maybe you sorted this out already, but my 304 was fitted with pretty heavy thumb rig, which I think was really for the 305: Here's the details Cat gave me: IDK if it's still available, but I got a new cylinder 268-8225 in the last year or so.