Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 305e2 Compass cold start

DiggerdaveWNC · 2025-01-09 08:57

Good Morning.. New to the program.. thanks for having me..! I have a 2019 Cat 305e2 excavator , having issues with the compass display not showing glow plug start up on cold days. Any leads on this would be appreciated.. Thanks D

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-01-09 09:34

    G’day & welcome. Please can you post a Serial Number. “2019 Cat 305E2” doesn’t mean much when looking for info such as an electrical schematic. Have you checked anything yet such as fuses.? You do have an Operation Manual I assume.?

  2. #2motionclone2025-01-10 22:30

    There is no indicator for glow plugs on a cat305e2. I too have a 2019 305e2

  3. #3Nige2025-01-13 12:28

    It would appear that there are glow plug indicators on at least some 305E2 machines, which is why the Serial Number of the OP's machine is so important. From the O&M Manual for a 305E2 of R5C S/N prefix.