Hello, I am getting a code 5603 3 Travel pedal fault, I can go into the system and change to joystick travel control and move the machine but not with the pedals.. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
you need to provide a serial number for cogent input.
Left Travel Pedal Position Sensor Signal #2 : Voltage Above Normal See attached troubleshooting procedure. See Table 8 on Page 11 in regard to FMI 3 Diagnostic Codes.
Did you ever fix the problem? Mine thru the same code today
Did anyone fix the fault I have the same on my 308 machine both left and right
Machine Serial Number.? What Code is coming up.?
Hello Sir, Looking for same type of problem...CODE: 5604-3 rt. travel pedal sensor signal 1 "voltage above normal".. Cat 301.8 s.n.- H8X06892 I've got 4.9 V at L730 pin orange and L731 brown with key on machine NOT running... using wiring harness ground and power pins to the pedal assembly put the jumper between the signal contact (green M956) and return contact (ground brown L731) and the FMI failure mode identifier changed from 5604-3 (voltage above normal) to 5604-4 (voltage below normal) bad sensor right??? the whole pedal assembly...
Did you carry out the entire troubleshooting procedure posted above.? If you have a multimeter capable of measuring duty cycle then it's easy enough to measure the output signal of the position sensor.
I did up until it said if the FMI changed from 3 to 4 then it's the sensor (pedal assembly) I gather... says replace the sensor...
Which appears to mean replace the entire assembly as the sensor isn't sold separately.
I have a good cat parts department but... ouch $1112.60 for it... Quick search show a bunch at like $500 and under... hmmmm.... And they say they are made in France like an OEM one... lol... I'm wondering if the assembly comes apart and was amazed how corroded the assembly got..
That’s generally down to a lack of housekeeping in the cab.
even worse than that.... it's a orops... poor girl don't like outdoor elements... Well I don't either... lol
Or exposure to the elements........
Cat 306cr. Code:5604-3. Put a jumper between wires 1 and 2 and code did not change to 5604-4. So not a bad sensor? Did a general overlook at the wiring from the sensor all the way through the wiring harness and did not find anything rubbed through or corroded. Nothing wrong with the connector up to the sensor. Any ideas where do I go from here? Machine still moves with skid steer mode so nothing mechanically wrong. When it initially threw the code, would not let the right track move however the left could still move. Picked up the machine using the blade and stick, tried to spin the tracks through and code would disappear and the right track would operate. I was able to get through the day by doing that several times. Went to start up today and both tracks now will not spin using the pedals.
Go back to Post #3 and download the troubleshooting procedure. Then pay specific attention to Table 8 on Page 11. To carry out the troubleshooting you will require an electrical schematic so please provide a machine Serial Number in order to locate the correct one.
Check your message inbox for the schematic.