Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Weld on pin bosses

John V · 2024-07-26 01:08

where can I source weld on pin bosses? For example this old Ihi 28n came with these bolts for the bucket cylinder pins. I’m replacing them with oe pins, but I’ll need new bosses. I’m located near Asheville NC.

Replies5
  1. #1Swetz2024-07-28 10:26

    not sure of the size you need, but here is a place. I once reached out to them and was told they will also custom make them. Not cheep. Maybe a local machine shop?? Bucket Pin Bosses Universal Excavator Bucket Ear Pin Bosses. You can do any final tooling needed for your project such as trimming the length or drilling holes for a keeper. www.shopbucketsupply.com

  2. #2IceHole2024-07-28 15:41

    I looked into making some, as well as pins, but new pins from Deere were cheaper than just hardened 4140 (Rockwell C32). Example a foot of 45mm was over $200 with shipping. The pin from Deere was $148.

  3. #3John V2024-07-29 11:03

    I have all new pins for the machine. I usually buy from mini excavator centre or pebex, both in europe, but they have a handy online ordering system and the prices are usually ~1/3 of oem. I just need to fix the bosses for a couple mounts on the boom/stick for the arm cylinder and bucket cylinder.

  4. #4DDoug2024-07-29 11:16

    I should get in the bushing supply bidness.....jeesh.

  5. #5IceHole2024-07-29 11:56

    I got some from them too, Bushes as well, but they didn't have several. I question if they are decent with how cheap they are vs materials costs.