Can anyone tell me what the four black switches do? Thank you new to this game
Sounds like you would benefit from an Operation & Maintenance Manual. Post a machine Serial Number to identify the right one for your particular machine.
I have one, but it is not for the gray market machine that I have. It doesn’t show anything but electric control panel and it is configured different in my manual.
I have a Japanese grey market 307. It has no English language anything. It's a 1996. Yours has English !? Top left is fast or slow tracks. Top right looks like high or low heat.
lol no English for that mine either. In fact the picture is one I found online My markings have worn out The book I ordered from Finneys It’s US but it is close Heater doesn’t work so thought them switch’s might control them
We've been through all this before. Genuine OEM manuals are available for the grey market 307 SSR (not the knock-offs that Finney sell) and there are apps that will translate Japanese to English from a photo. That might be the best you are going to get. See the thread linked below that should give you a load of useful leads. If your machine is a 2FL prefix then put that in the Search box on the Cat Publications web site. I came up with both an O&M and a Parts Manual for the 2FL. Japenese Parts Manuals are easy to interpret, the O&M will need a translator app. HeavyEquipmentForums I can answer half of your question regarding the 4 black switches. 1. The one on the bottom left is the Work Mode switch. Turn the switch to the left for priority for the boom raise circuit. This will assure fast cycle time by increasing the boom up speed. Turn the switch to the right for priority for the swing circuit independent pressure control. This is suitable for ditch work which needs accurate and neat finished side wall surfaces. 2. The one on the right is for Power Mode. Turn to the left (Mode 1) for light duty work such as leveling work which does not need high speed. Turn to the right (Mode 2) heavy duty work which needs higher operating speed. The upper two switches are apparently not used on the non-Japanese versions of the 307.
Ok Got it Thanks for all the information Newbie to the forum and equipment ownership so much appreciated!!!
You're most welcome. If you have any more questions please ask.
Ok I’ll take you up on this ‘95 307 Japan model Fluids…. What engine and hydraulic oil to use? See a little oil leaking from left final drive too so want to top off just gotta figure that out. Left track adjustment is loose. Lifted track and greased. Seemed to tighten but went loose again. New to this site and equipment ownership as will be using around the house I really appreciate all this help. I’ll get this! lol
Engine oil something like a 10W30 meeting API CH-4 (or better). Hydraulic oil an SAE10W hydraulic. Final drives & swing drive an SAE50 oil meeting TO-4 specification. Attached the cpacity chart for a "rest of the World" 307. It should be the same as your Japan-only machine but not 100% guaranteed. See any signs of grease leaking anywhere.?
Thank you for this information!! I going to get the fluids now and this couldn’t have come at a better time. Yes I think I have seen grease in this area now that I am getting mow knowledge on all of this There is a black knob on the floor in front of the seat. Do you know what that is for? Thanks again for your help It has enabled me to progress quickly with my ambitions with this project!!!!
Sorry I don't but if you post a photo maybe someone else can tell you.
Does the black knob on the floor push in and out? I thought this was for travel speed and used by your feet.
The black knob by my right foot in mine is the cover for the house swivel grease fitting. My dashboard is nothing like the one you posted a picture of so lots of other differences are possible.
Here is a picture of the knob It spins around but I haven’t tried to remove it Thanks everyone!!!
Pull up on it. What does that stick do ?
This is my dashboard. Not a bit of English on the whole machine. You never did tell us the first 3 digits of your serial # . It would tell whether it was Japanese, French or ???
It’s 9ZL, originally a Japanese home-market only machine.
The stick is for the blade Can’t get the black knob to move up and down
Thanks, Nige, I missed that. Mine is the same prefix. Must be very different years. I have no blade.