Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 35D A/C control blinking

Richard V ยท 2024-07-29 06:30

Hello, my 35D started acting up this week-end with the A/C not working. It was working fine before. When I press the A/C ON button, the board starts blinking and I hear a ticking sound coming from one of the relays under the panel below the seat. Serial is 265120. I am not 100% sure which relay is ticking. I attached a photo. Any idea where to start on this ?

Replies10
  1. #1mg23612024-07-29 12:18

    How about a video of the blinking? Has the cab ground been checked? It should be under the cab, somewhere along the left side, I think??

  2. #2Richard V2024-07-29 14:09

    I'll lift up the Cab and check again... The blinking stops when I repress the A/C button again to turn OFF the A/C and then all the other functions work on HVAC control (fan speed, hot / Cool) etc... but when blinking (AC = ON) , any button I press have no effect. I should have the video of the blinking Wednesday. Thank you

  3. #3Nige2024-07-29 14:56

    You can't upload a video direct to this forum. You have to host it somewhere else and post a link to it.

  4. #4Richard V2024-07-29 17:40

    I can PM it if you give me your email.

  5. #5mg23612024-07-30 04:59

    Just upload to YouTube, then attach link, easy peasy. The whole board is flashing, or just one light? If it is just one light that is blinking, post a picture pointing out what is blinking.

  6. #6Richard V2024-08-04 13:54

    Hi, finally got my hands back on the machine today. I checked the ground cabin and yes it is under on the left side. (photo attached) I checked a couple of bolts inside the cabin for continuity and were fine. I also jumped the battery negative to the cabin ground bolt and still had the same problem with the blinking of the control display and ticking relay sound until I shut off the A/C. Then I unplugged the relay (it was hot and so were the wires) and then pressed the A/C button on the display and the compressor started and cold air started coming to the vents ?! I checked the A/C pressures (see photos), maybe a little low on gaz... Does anyone know what the labeled V relay is used for ?

  7. #7Richard V2024-08-04 15:39

    I have an update on this. A few weeks ago, I was working on the thumb not working and found a burnt connector on a solenoid near the hydraulic pump. I fixed the connector but that did not fix my thumb issue. I finally got the thumb working by turning ON the aux flow switch (last one on the picture). I understand the thumb should be working without having to turn that switch ON. I don't know what the problem is with that yet ! However I disconnected the fixed connector, replugged the ticking relay I unplugged earlier today and AC came back on, no blinking and no ticking relay. I guess I need to replace the solenoid...

  8. #8mg23612024-08-05 05:56

    That switch is not factory, however, if you have the auxiliary flow option, someone may have replaced that switch with an aftermarket one. I couldn't tell if you have that option because the serial number you posted does not come up in the system. Yes, the thumb should work no matter what. The "V" on the relay wiring is not listed in the manuals. What are the wire colors?

  9. #9Richard V2024-08-05 06:16

    Red, yellow, white/green and red/black. The machine was bought in Quebec, I'm the 2nd owner. I will inquire about that switch with the seller. The connector I disconnected would be the A/C torque control solenoid according to our previous thread discussion my thumb issue. When I tested the solenoid a while back it read 0-1 ohm. It's probably creating an overload when connected causing the relay to act up.

  10. #10mg23612024-08-05 11:55

    The only relay I see that is close, according to the wiring diagram, have wire colors red/black, red/black, white/green and yellow. That relay is the K9 AC Torque control relay.