Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 307SSR questions

mrfixitpaul ยท 2011-05-08 19:41

Anybody familiar with these machines? We have one, built around 1997. Zero tailswing, sideshift boom. Trying to figure out what some of the control switches do, namely the powerI/powerII, 1/2 - work - ???, and the button on the right control lever ( left control lever is for the horn). I looked into getting a manual, but I can't read Japanese and they don't make one in English.

Replies12
  1. #1willie592011-05-08 20:16

    I know there as grey market as probably anything Cat made. In my area, if you walk into Cat store parts counter and say 307SSR, they look at you like you have ten heads. I purchased a Japanese parts book for one just to be able to get part numbers because Cat store can't/won't even look up parts on one. Maybe you'll have some better luck with your local dealer.

  2. #2abdul k2011-05-09 01:22

    CAT 307 RIGHT LEVER, implement. This button could be for the "LOW IDLE SWITCH", which is on the right implement control lever.

  3. #3Bingstock2013-02-26 19:20

    So those buttons are controlled by the computer which actuates the control arm located in the box with your lever to engage and disengage the hydraulics. If your buttons don't work, chances are that controller has gone bad.

  4. #4scottssr2013-08-09 03:17

    ne1 know if I can get a hydro diagram? 1996 397ssr grey. and tell me what the joysticks do

  5. #5scottssr2013-08-09 03:19

    307ssr sorry

  6. #6robin yates uk2013-08-09 03:34

    http://www.gobookee.net/cat-307-excavator-repair-manual/

  7. #7scottssr2013-08-09 20:22

    ty robin but I went to that site and no good

  8. #8tkoden2015-06-01 13:49

    Doesn't look like that link works anymore. Any chance you could email it to me and I can host it on the dropbox? Thanks. Kirkoden(@)gmail(.)com.

  9. #9Nige2015-06-01 15:52

    Don't you mean an Operator Manual, or do you really need an hydraulic system schematic..? If you need a schematic give me a machine Serial Number or at the very least the S/N prefix. There are no less than 12 different models of 307 excavator.

  10. #10lantraxco2015-06-01 16:56

    Just a bit of general information, I worked at a CAT dealer in the late 90's, early aughts and we had NO access to gray market machine information. We did have a small library of Japanese language parts books that was built up over several years, we had to order them through the Cat literature system like any other paper manual and wait for them to come via mail from Japan like any other customer. Some versions of SIS I believe began including them at some point after I left.

  11. #11Nige2015-06-01 17:14

    What happens now is that there is a cross reference document of all the Japanese-built machines to Rest of the World-built S/N prefixes, so if you have a Japanese-built 307 with S/N prefix xxx then the cross-reference table will tell you to look at S/N prefix yyy in SIS-web for Parts & Service information.

  12. #12lantraxco2015-06-01 17:25

    Well THAT would have been dang handy, let me tell ya! LOL