Hello everyone I have a 1994 cat 307SSR that had a catastrophic pump failure now that I have replaced the pump I am having some issues with the hydraulic functions and was wondering if anyone had any information regarding a service manual From what I have read they are written in Japanese ? Any help greatly appreciated
What is the S/N of the machine for confirmation.? Based on what I know this is a model that was only ever intended for the Japanese market so the available documentation was only ever produced in Japanese. What's worse is that all that's listed is a Parts Manual. There are no Operation & Maintenance or Service Manuals listed for it.
hello sir thank u for responding The machine is definitely grey market here is a picture of the tag So the machine runs but runs slow thinking that maybe some of the screens are clogged with debris from when the pump blew and every mechanic asks for a manual to find out the schematics Any info greatly appreciated
Well I'm sorry but I do not have any good news for you. As suspected you have a 2FL-prefix machine. I can't find any other documentation apart from a Parts Manual and an Operation & Maintenance Manual in Japanese which are Cat publication references XJBP7178 and XJBU2094 respectively. They are not available online but can be ordered from your local Cat dealer who will ask for the machine Serial Number. Expect the Parts Manual to priced be around $125 and the O&M around $60. See HERE for some information on the 307SSR model. TBH if you do a search here on HEF for "307SSR" you can turn up all sorts of snippets of information about them, including one quote from @willie59 that had me chuckling - "as grey market as probably anything Cat made. In my area, if you walk into the Cat store parts counter and say 307SSR, they look at you like you have ten heads. " One of the places I looked at had unconfirmed information that the 307SSR was similar in a lot of ways to the E70B. I can't confirm that and neither can I find a hydraulic schematic even for an E70B let alone a 307SSR.
See also HERE
I need to correct that - Go HERE , type "2FL" in the box at the top of the screen and click Search. A screen somewhat like the illustration below should appear.
Another thought. Contact these guys and ask if they have a Service Manual available - SMPro