Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 308 idle issue

Demoman52 · 2024-12-24 16:23

Hello, I have a 2013 cat 308 that is currently stuck on low idle. Before the idle dial would work, I could idle up and down with no issue. Then lately it’s been working initially when I start up the machine but only for the first 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of run time the idle would get stuck in the position where I last left it. I would have to restart the machine to be able to move the idle up or down but it would quickly get stuck again. Now it won’t work at all. I can see the number on the screen go up from 1-10 as I turn the dial but the engine rpm does not change at all. I did chase the throttle cable to what looks to be an electric motor, could this be the problem?Please help

Replies2
  1. #1Mobiltech2024-12-24 17:02

    The governor control motor is a common problem with cat excavators. Probably stripped the gears inside or broke a cable.

  2. #2Nige2024-12-24 17:02

    Can you start with a Serial Number please. "a 2013 Cat 308" doesn't really help when it comes to looking up technical information.