Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 308 swing problem. I bet someone can save me a step.

Mobilewrench ยท 2024-03-30 21:21

Vgg803307 The machine was free swinging to the left (or CCW, if that is the way you like to think about it). Kind of figured that it was one of the swing cushion reliefs. But I don't generally commit to a hunch, so I checked a lot of things to make sure. In the end I swapped the swing cushion reliefs and the problem moved to free swing right (or CW). So I have a bad relief. Problem is... I don't know which one of the reliefs is left or right (or CCW or CW). So, if anyone knows how to tell which one is which... Be nice to know. Also, specs on the pressure that the new relief is supposed to be set to. Happy Easter, everybody.

Replies4
  1. #1Mobilewrench2024-03-30 21:22
  2. #2Mobilewrench2024-03-30 21:23

    One of these.

  3. #3Nige2024-03-31 12:29

    Buy one new relief valve. Flip a coin and decide which side of the valve body to install it. If the problem isn't fixed then it was the other one........

  4. #4Mobilewrench2024-03-31 20:19

    That's what I was figuring on doing.