I have a gray market cat 308BSR SERIAL NUMBER 3YS00309 Does anyone know where to find wiring diagrams? hydraulic diagrams? Machine arrangement number 1231441. Engine arrangement number 1859100
I’ll take a look in my files. I may have something, or maybe it cross-references to a World model and the schematics for that would work. Also I’ll see if I can track down the reference number of a Service Manual, if one exists. It may take a couple of days because my PC is currently at the repairer’s.
I did get some help at the local cat dealer. Still looking for the wiring diagram though.
To avoid attempting to reinvent the wheel it might be an idea if you list what info you got from your dealer. Usually a dealer person looks at you like you just grew a second head when they discover you have a grey market machine.
I got the part number for the seat cut off switch, the oil pressure sensor, the dip stick. What i would really like yet is the wiring diagram. and hydraulic diagram. I wish i had never come in contact with a gray market machine!
So here’s the first piece of bad news. There is no equivalent World model to your 308B. That means there is nothing even to leverage from to get something “close enough” that it will work. You may be interested to know that a Parts Manual is available. Cat Publication reference XJBP7647. There may be a copy of that kicking around somewhere. If not it is still available from Cat. I’ll ask around regarding the schematics.
And the bad news continues…… Apparently the only way to get hold of the schematics is to acquire a copy of the Service Manual, Caterpillar publication reference XJNR1513. This publication will contain the schematics but there is a major drawback - it is only available in Japanese. Not surprising for a model that was only ever intended for sale in the Japanese home market and not intended for export. I can’t see anything online so speak to your local Cat dealer regarding getting hold of a copy. I would suggest that you try to get one in Adobe pdf format on a CD. That way it should work with any translation app to produce English text.
I got the physical copy of the XBP7647 MANUEL. I'll see if that can help my mechanic. thanks for your help