we have a cat 308 going on 4500 hrs and the final drives are shot. before fixing it looking at a new machine. the problem with the new 308e is the swing boom sticking to far out from the cab not being a true zero turn. how are the john deer 75g?
I have a 308E 2 CR. I agree the swing boom sticks out. I cannot bring the bucket back to the blade to help fill it when cleaning up. I would of bought a machine without the swing boom and saved at least $10K!! I wish Cat would offer it both ways. Great machine other wise, very smooth hydraulics and easy on fuel. It replaced a 19 year old 307. I change the gear oil in all my final drives every season, cheap insurance. Especially on a machine with a blade which does a lot of tracking.
Wow, only 4500 hours. Those drives should be able to get 8,000 hours easily, with proper maintenance. We have stock on the repair parts and complete units if you decide to keep it.
dose any one have a tilt rotor on there machine is it worth it