Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need a bigger machine

Danny Steel ยท 2014-07-23 20:02

Hey guys, I want to upgrade from My KX-71 Kubota (cabless) I have a 1 ton dump to haul it. What would you sugest?

Replies7
  1. #1Deeretracks2014-07-23 20:22

    I've ran a few KX121's and really like them. Even more so than the Cat & Hitachi minis we have at work. Can't go wrong staying Kubota.

  2. #2Danny Steel2014-07-23 20:37

    Yes I do like the Kubota too... how much more of a machine is the 121? I for sure want a cab with air now, plus to keep the bugs out. Its for sure something to consider...Thanks for that Deeretracks

  3. #3lumberjack2014-07-23 21:27

    I went from a 121-3 to a KX057-3 and am very happy with it. With a gooseneck, a 3/4 ton pull it unless you live in a mountainous area. I would pull it behind 2000+ 1 ton on a tag trailer. I think the 5-6 ton class is the optimal "mini" excavator for my endeavors at this point. The 8 tons are 8-12" wider, might as well be a 12-16 ton with street pads at that point. The 12-16t is on my short list of things I want, after a single axle tractor, 40-44' single drop trailer, and 30' end dump trailer.

  4. #4Danny Steel2014-07-23 22:00

    The truck I have is a 1 ton dump with a alum box...Trailer is a 16' tag with #7000 dual axils. The more machine the better, because I do rock work with the thumb, the kx-71 is not big enough now...I end up jumping in my Case TR270 TO LIFT and move the bigger rocks

  5. #5Chass2014-07-24 03:17

    I have had my KX121-3 for couple months now the best of that size machine I have had, ok cab access is a bit tight but very nice when you are in there.

  6. #6Danny Steel2014-07-24 19:27

    Thanks guys...Yes that 121 Kubota has a extra 2 foot reach...nice. Is that 2 steps up from the Kx71 that I have...or the next step up. There so many machines out there now...Its hard to keep track.

  7. #7Tags2014-07-24 20:03

    2 steps...the 121s are great machines and you can pull it with your setup. Lots of power for its size and if you service regularly it will just about last forever.