Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 308C one way hydraulics?

Shane Oldfield · 2023-06-06 17:50

Been prowling around here for awhile since buying a 308c. I've been able to find direct answers to most of my issues, but not this one. It's a Rega machine with parallel offset boom. I'm trying to put a hydraulic breaker on it and cant find the implement flow control valve. I understand there may be a 1/4 turn valve somewhere, but haven't been able to figure out exactly where. Serial # CAT0308CPCRW01574 Any help? Thanks-

Replies5
  1. #1jzampieron2023-06-06 21:26

    On my 304E it was right on the front of the manifold. And yes, a quarter turn valve. They discuss it in the operations and maintenance manual if you have a copy.

  2. #2heymccall2023-06-06 21:55

    For some reason (maybe gray market?), I can't look up parts for a CRW. I picked a 308D with offsetting boom.

  3. #3Nige2023-06-06 22:37

    Affirm. Grey market. Worst part is there is no "export" model that can be used for parts & service information. The O&M manual is only available in Japanese. There is an English Parts Manual Publication Ref XEBP8534. It covers machines with S/N from CRW1200-Up.

  4. #4Shane Oldfield2023-06-07 01:16

    Yes, it’s a bit of a pain sometimes, but still a great machine. I don’t believe I have the levers pictured on that 308d. Here’s some pictures of my manifold block, I believe the cylinders sticking out the top above the hoses are pressure adjustments, and I can’t find anything else. Anyone have a picture of their 1/4 turn valve or nut?

  5. #5Shane Oldfield2023-06-07 01:44

    I do have a manual for an American made 308C CR, it’s pretty much the same, but it doesn’t like up for this I’m afraid.