Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota Excavator Quick Attach to Toro Mini Skid Steer Adapter

Alex1els · 2023-06-06 15:51

I have been looking around for an adapter like this, and for some reason such a device doesn't (yet) seem to be available. My intent is the following: - I have a Kubota KX040 (and a smaller U17). - I also have a Ditch Witch SK755 mini skid steer, with a variety of attachments. - I'm most interested in using the mini skid steer auger on my excavator. Reason being - I live on really steep mountain and I'd like to drill some holes further away from a spot that is accessible by the mini skid steer. In some cases - in order to plant trees, but also for support structures for future retaining walls. - This may be really pushing it, but I'm also curious if it's possible to use the longer reach of the excavator in order to set up a trench line up/down a really steep hill, using my access points from above and below. - And perhaps even allowing installing the toro skid steer bucket - which would allow using the excavator backwards to dig up a hillside. This would obviously put a lot more pressure on the attachment plate, so it would have to be extremely sturdy. In terms of size and hydraulic flow, the excavator and the toro style attachments seem actually very similar. So I wonder if anyone has seen success doing what I'm thinking about here? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Replies5
  1. #1Alex1els2023-06-08 02:35

    Wow, it seems like not many people here have considered considering using Toro / Ditch Witch Mini Skid steer attachments on a mini excavator. I still wonder why... But this at least explains the general lack of availability of such adapters. ​

  2. #2Paul Wilson2023-06-08 09:57

    I have the same need. I have a TX1000 w/ forks, auger, smooth and toothed buckets, and a grapple. I can't offer any experience since I haven't yet bought an adapter but I see no reason the flow and pressure on the KX040 wouldn't handle the attachments. My TX1000 and the KX040 hydraulics are similar specs. The only adapter I've found is from Spartan Equipment https://www.spartanequipment.com/pr...oro-dingo-mini-skid-steer-loader-adapter.html Let me know if you find a solution and how it works, I'll do the same but not expecting to buy one in the next few months as I have a project to finish first.

  3. #3Paul Wilson2023-06-08 10:02

    I forgot to mention there are KX040 quick attach plates and Toro style adapter plates available but you have to do the welding or drilling for bolts yourself. I can't recall who makes them but I came across them in researching a solution. Good luck!

  4. #4Alex1els2023-06-08 14:52

    Thanks so much Paul! The Spartan attachment looks really nice. Costly, but definitely nice! With all the cost to ship this +tax, I think I'm going to actually make my own attachment adapter. The key piece was sourcing this Male adapter plate from SkidSteerSolutions for $215. Mini Universal Adapter | Eterra This Eterra Mini Universal Adapter will allow you to convert to mini universal from anything else. www.skidsteersolutions.com I'm getting some Kubota ears from Ebay and hopefully will have this done in a couple of weeks! Cheers, Alex

  5. #5Paul Wilson2023-06-19 14:26

    Let me know how it turns out. That adapter from Eterra looks like a great deal and well made! I just went on the site to buy one but it's now backordered. I may call yo see if they have an estimated availability. Thanks for the link. - Paul