Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 308CR cab installation

adrianvip · 2023-06-19 13:16

Hi. I'm getting a 2006 Cat 308CR japanese model shipped from China on a 20 ft container and they have to remove the cab to get it fit. They told me that I need an engineear to put the cab back in because there is hydraulics and wires that needs to be disconect it. I don't really beleive that so I was wondering how dificult it is to ut it back and is is somethign I can do myself. I imagine is just some bolts but I can't find any video or instructions on how to take it off or put it back on

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2023-06-19 14:10

    There is a procedure to remove and install the cab but a Serial Number would help to identify if it is appropriate for the machine you are buying.

  2. #2adrianvip2023-06-19 14:20

    Hi. This is the serial number: CAT0308CCCRW01711

  3. #3Nige2023-06-20 08:36

    There is a procedure and it appears to be pretty comprehensive. Bear in mind that when they say “engineer” they are talking about a mechanic. After cab installation the heater system has to be connected and filled with coolant. Also the aircon lines have to be connected and the system has to be charged. Electrical connections are pretty straightforward. One thing that you should request to whoever you are buying the machine from is that they should mark, or check that the factory markings are there (usually coloured bands or zip ties on the hoses) on the two groups of hydraulic hoses that have to be connected. There is one group of seven hoses and another one of eight hoses. I’ll post up a document with the procedure later.

  4. #4CM19952023-06-20 09:16

    Welcome to the Forums ADV! As Nige said there is going to be a lot more than some bolts to put the cab back on. If they just took the cab off haphazardly then you have quite the challenge in front of you.

  5. #5Auctioneerhere2025-03-15 23:07

    So did you ever get this machine delivered? What company did you buy from?