I have a Cat 308D GBT00128 that I am trying to learn how to run attachments on. It has aux hydraulics and I found the 1 way or 2 way flow selection valve. When I read through the manual in SIS it talks about setting the work tool from the display. There is a list of options a few have been set by the previous owner with names unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the screen and can't remember what the various names where most were along the lines of tool 5 though. I'm not sure what is getting set by selecting the tool on the screen there don't seem to be any adjustments I can make from the screen and I don't have a laptop with ET. Most of my searching I find info on the newer Nextgen series that have more functions on the display like setting flow rate and pressure. Seems on mine the low flow / high flow is a switch on the right console as is medium / high pressure (not sure if I have this switch). Seems some of this is for maintenance tracking as it seems to keep track of hours the different tools are used. Is it critical that the work tool is configured? If so is there a way to do it without a laptop with ET? Is there a way to check the settings of the already configured work tools? I'm looking to run an auger and a grapple. Thank you.
Well I was able to get the auger to work. Not sure if I have the settings correct or not. It does seem to have medium / high pressure it is set in the display after I change that selection it asks me to disable the hydraulics then I hear a click of a solenoid. I'm currently running it using the setting for medium pressure as I'm not sure what pressure range I should be using on the auger so I figure a lower pressure is safer. I need longer lines for the one grapple as lines on it are 6 inches too short and it doesn't use the same fittings as the auger so I couldn't switch lines. At least I am making progress.