Hi all, My Cat 308E has just got a stuck throttle. Seems to be (judging from engine sound) about throttle setting 4 or 5. Is there a fuse for the throttle controller? Alternatively does anyone know what wires on the plug I can check to see if power is getting to it? The dash shows the throttle setting going up and down when you twist it but engine rpm doesn't change. Thanks in advance, Glenn
Not knowing the machine does it have a cable or rod going from controller to throttle that broke or became disconnected?
I have fought one of those, the throttle has a control box under the seat mounted to the panel that is in front of the fuse box. It would be right behind your right heal when sitting in the machine. It also has a motor that pushes and pulls the cable. I think the problem with that one turned out to be the plug on the motor was bad but you couldn't tell by looking at it. You might try checking the connections at both the motor and control box carefully. I don't remember if that has a dedicated fuse but I do remember the fuse box is poorly labeled with more things being supplied by the fuse then what the decal showed. Someone might put up the wiring diagram if you post the serial number.
Any progress?