Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 308E2CR blade lowering

hyde155bhp ยท 2025-04-06 13:03

My 308 blade continually lowers after raising it to travel. Blade moves up and down and pushes fine. But if raised will lower on its own. Zero visual leaks anywhere. Please lead me to where or how to fix this issue

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2025-04-06 18:15

    I know from another thread you have been given some ideas, but can you give a Serial Number please. it may help further down the line.

  2. #2hyde155bhp2025-04-06 18:18

    TMX00493

  3. #3hyde155bhp2025-04-06 18:21

    Yes I was given an idea to try on the other post. Thought problem could be in valve inside of cab possibly

  4. #4Nige2025-04-06 20:20

    I would suggest to start with the easy stuff first. If you find that the blade cylinder piston seals are bypassing internally then you need to fix that first before moving on. Potentially you could have more than one problem. Apart from that it's a lot easier to pull a cylinder apart than it is a control valve.