My 311b was running fine. Then a couple times it sounded as if it were about to die (not like a missing sound). I kept running it, and over the next 1/2 hour, it started doing this more and more often. Then it srarted where all 4 warning lights would come on for about 2 seconds and alarm buzzer would sound. I idled it back and in about 5 minutes all 4 light started coming on with alarm buzzer in a sequence of 3 short flashes/ beeps. Then several seconds of not activity, then the sequence would start again. Any on have any ideas or have a manual and can tell me what the sequence of warning lights mean? Thanks. Any help appreciated. Stacy whetzell [email protected]
I've found that it is my oil pressure giving the problem. I changed the oil and filter, but alarm still goes off. I will be changing the oil sending unit tomorrow. Hopefully that will be the source of the problem. If not, I am stumped....and worried. The motor cranks and runs like a sewing machine. I will post again, after I change the oil sending unit
Before buying a replacement sender try removing it temporarily and connect a pressure gauge in its place. That will confirm if you have adequate pressure in the engine. If all is good then at that point you'll be down to troubleshooting the electrical side. I must admit that your OP comment leads me to believe that all might not be as good as you think with the engine. I can't relate your "cranks and runs like a sewing machine" comment with this ........... Then a couple times it sounded as if it were about to die (not like a missing sound). I kept running it, and over the next 1/2 hour, it started doing this more and more often. That doesn't sound like any sewing machine I've ever heard ............. If you want a wiring diagram send me a PM with your Serial Number and your e-mail address.
Hi all, My apologies for a very belated conclusion to this story. My problem with the engine slowing down (depowering I think it is called), was due to nothing more than a faulty Oil Sending Unit. Oh was that sucker a pain in the arse to get to and replace.....not to mention all the down time, etc trying to figure out what in blazes was wrong. Thanks to all of you good fellers for comments/suggestions. Stacy