Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 3114 oil filter base reseal

brianbulldozer ยท 2015-01-17 11:03

Have a 924f sn. 5NN1317 with 3114 that is leaking between oil filter base and oil cooler. Seal consists of three o-rings. Do I need to dump the coolant? My service manual doesn't answer the question. Thanks, Brian

Replies5
  1. #1DennisZ2015-02-11 19:17

    Not sure if you fixed your problem or not, I had an IT24F, same machine, same engine, same problem. Just swap the o rings. Don't think there is coolant involved, the oil cooler is behind that if I remember correctly. ..

  2. #2brianbulldozer2015-02-12 19:36

    Thanks DennisZ for the reply. You are correct. The fact that it had three ports made me wonder if somehow coolant passed through it, but turned out all three were for oil. I guess I didn't need to drain the coolant after all, oh well. Brian

  3. #32000busa2015-06-19 04:08

    Hello Brian, Do you have a digital copy of the Cat 3114 service Manual? I have an older machine, 1984. If you do or know of someone that does please let me know. Thanks in advance, Tim

  4. #4Nige2015-06-19 04:11

    There is no digital copy of any Cat Service Manual as a complete document. Only about a million individual sections. Your only hope is something like Craigslist or eBay for a paper copy IMHO.

  5. #52000busa2015-06-20 20:34

    Thank you, Nige