Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 311B valve adjustment procedure

Columbo · 2023-05-05 10:19

Could someone please post the engine valve adjustment procedure and specs for a Cat 311B excavator, s/n 8GR00401 engine s/n 6LK13329. Thanks in advance!

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2023-05-05 11:02

    You has a 3064 motor. Book is SENR5546.

  2. #2heymccall2023-05-05 11:04

    Finding TDC.

  3. #3Columbo2023-05-05 11:06

    Thank you very much!!

  4. #4Columbo2023-05-05 18:23

    Stupid question- I assume the number 1 cylinder is at the one at the front of the engine (belt and fan side). Am I correct?

  5. #5heymccall2023-05-05 21:30

    Yes, #1 is water pump end.

  6. #6Columbo2023-05-06 19:05

    Just a quick thanks again to @heymccall ! I checked all the valves today; they were all very slightly loose, I tightened them up to spec and buttoned it up. Of course, being in there led to me noticing that the water pump/alternator belts were looking worn. I’ll change them out next week. Is it normal for the head to have a slight rust color to it?