So onto the next thing usually im very handy with this. But I don’t see any spots for tools to go into to pop the radio. The radio works the only reason I want to change it is that it is only an a.m. radio LOL. I thought they only did that in old things I didn’t think 2001 that was the only option. I figure I should ask before I bust the trim ring and it winds up being something silly
Here is radio
Guessing im at a loss here an have to take a stab at it
A WAG but do the ends of the radio faceplate (or the complete faceplate) unclip and you then use removal tools like the ones below..? Hard to see from your photo.
That style just has full width spring latches, without easy access. I always end up removing the entire panel, then squeezing them from behind.
Just for kicks how about a S/N to give a bit of help trying to do some searching on SIS?
i have tons of radio tools and this stereo has nothing that's why it was so confusing .
Serial # is clk00697
Which panel do you remove ? the top plate ? I removed the knock out switch plate to see of there was anything in there and couldn't see much.
Using serial number, it looks to be screwed in. Vertical panel needs removed.
Cat is not being very helpful on the CLK prefix, kind of looks like that version might not have been intended for US sales? And looking at other 311C (CKE)information not really much more except the below out of the parts book section on "Radio" Circled in red is the radio #8 and it appears to have two screws #6 holding it in. So if that is where the screws are located it appears that the side panel would need come off for access. But can't be 100% sure as this is for a CKE and not a CLK machine. Guess I should not have taken time off for breakfast heymccall got that information first.
Thanks for info. I typed that site in you're looking at . do i then put my serial number in ? curious to look.
If you are referring to the AVSPARE.COM site that was from Heymccall, I'm not sure how to use that site myself. Maybe he will stop by and give some pointers on it. The place I found my info was from Cat's SIS site that I was given access to by my job at the quarry and they have not caught on t the fact that I retired over 5 years ago. Maybe they think I'm still working as I access that site at the least of once a day! Probably more than when I was still working!
You can register at parts.cat.com for free customer access to cat sis which is parts book diagrams and parts ordering no service information at that level
the site you log into must be different than if i do it because if i put my serial number in it doesn't work.
Also i pulled panel and there were two screws... also have to pull upright plastic off to get to the locking clip as well. what a crap design. now to find a replacement stereo haha. Thank you everyone for all the help and insight.