Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 312 CL is to Fast.

Towboat_50 ยท 2022-11-05 07:35

Caterpillar 312C L Serial #CBA03413 This machine is operating to fast. All hydraulic functions are moving to fast Walking, Swing and and Digging. Now what I know that has happened. The monitor stopped working I repaired broken wire. Next time I used the excavator the monitor had stopped working again and it was operating at full speed with no hydraulic relief to the point of stalling the engine. I have found another dead wire at the monitor connection red to pink, but I can't Figure out where the pink wire is going. Any help please I have had repair men here they have no clue.

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2022-11-05 07:46

    Has someone moved the override switch.? You want an electrical schematic to help identify wires.?

  2. #2Towboat_502022-11-05 09:51

    Good question I don't know where over ride switch is. Also I would like the electric schematic.

  3. #3Nige2022-11-05 09:59

    I'll send you a schematic. Keep an eye on your messages. Override switches are under the RH armrest. 21 turns override ON/OFF, 22 selects high/low engine RPM when switch 21 is in the ON position.

  4. #4Towboat_502022-11-06 16:23

    Thank Nige for the information the switches have not been moved. I think my problem is a relief valve or solenoid not opening a relief valve I will run down the wires from the monitor. First and thanks for your help.

  5. #5Towboat_502022-11-14 16:44

    I have found wire #169 pink from monitor is dead. Anyone know where it goes to, I think a relay but can't find it.

  6. #6Nige2022-11-14 17:05

    Look on Grid H-10 of the schematic on Page 8. 169-PK comes from the switched power side of the fuse box through a 5A fuse marked "Backup Monitor Cont".

  7. #7Towboat_502022-11-22 09:15

    Thank you. Nige I think my hydraulic problem is separate from the electrical side. My hoe does not have any pressure relief working. Is there a priority valve on this machine and where is it located. Also Thank you for all the information you have sent me.

  8. #8Nige2022-11-22 09:37

    I would suggest to first test the relief valve settings of the implement pilot system and the main hydraulic system (travel & implements). Record the pressures and report back. Don't go adjusting anything yet. Also make sure that the hydraulic oil is at nornmal operating temperature before you make any pressure tests.

  9. #9Towboat_502022-11-22 18:30

    Thanks Nige