Good day, I’m wondering if there is any way to check the “guts” of the controller unit? I had it checked by Cat and they said it was junk and gave me a ridiculous price.. An ag computer place said they could possibly get parts for it but they couldn’t test it to know what is wrong. The symptoms are: The dash lights up when key is turned on and die of right a way The dash “dummy light” for the computer is on all the time None of the lights on the computer are seen The part number is 4I5383 for the computer. Thanks!! Gavin
Post your serial number so others may figure out exactly what is going on. Simon C
Here’s the serial number 7DK01724 Thanks
Oh boy, where to start............. I assume you already know that your 7DK machine is a grey market that was never intended for sale outside Japan and has no "World equivalent" model.? Do you have a Parts Manual for it.? When you were checking the engine/pump controller did you have the benefit of an electrical schematic and the test/adjust and troubleshooting documents for the controller.? What Part Number of controller did the Cat dealer quote you.? The reason I ask is that 4I-5383 updates to 106-0167. the latter number is also used on 311 excavators of 9LJ Serial Number prefix and 312 machines of 6GK prefix. There might just be some used ones kicking around.
Found another Part Number. Cat sell a Reman control under P/N 30R0045.
I do not have a parts catalog for it, Cat gave me the that number for searching for a used one.
You should really get hold of one because there is no info in the online system. Search for Cat Publication reference XJBP7177. Here’s one on eBay. I hope the link works. CATERPILLAR 312 HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR W/3064 ENGINE PARTS CATALOG JAPANESE EDTN | eBay 3064 ENGINE PARTS. This parts catalog is in used condition. The c over has wear, smudges, stains, and is dirty. The page edges are dirty and stained. The pages are clear and readable. SHARON MANUAL. www.ebay.com Either way my comment above is still valid. 4I-5383 is replaced by 101-0167. There is also the Reman option of 30R0045. You could ask the Cat dealer about that. Out of interest how much did they quote you for the 4I-5383.?
$4500
Looks like it’s in Japanese.. Might be a problem for me….
It is the only option available for a 7DK-prefix machine. Trust me you will be able to understand it. Currently a new one from Cat is priced close to $150. I might pay you to ask them about the Reman Part Number. I see both 4I5383 and 1010167 listed on both eBay and Friday Parts.
Download the app "google translate" and set your languages for English and Japanese. There is a "camera" feature on it.
Or use the forum search facility and type XJBP7177 into it. The subject of these Japanese-language Parts Manuals has been done to death many times. I have a couple in my files, unfortunately XJBP7177 is not among them or you would be welcome to a copy.
Called local Cat and priced the reman at $4013. I thought why the heck and priced the 415383 again at $6032… They went up $1500 in the last year!!! That’s plump ridiculous!!!
These companies think it isn't much if you say it fast. If they offered it for a decent price for an older machine, they would help to get it going and sell other parts. But in the end it is still a fraction of a new machine. Doubt you could buy a new machine that size for $250000 Canadian. If the rest is okay still worth fixing. Simon C
Going to try Ag Express, I just talked to them and they are willing to give it a shot.
I think it would be good to remember that this particular machine is over 30 years old. It was never intended to be imported into the market where it is right now and yet despite that parts are STILL available for it. Complain all you want about the price but you can’t fault the availability.
Lots of Komatsu stuff that age zero support. Even some John Deere machines of 2000 vintage not supported anymore. I guess be glad you can still fix or scrap metal. Simon C