Hi All, We are trying to fix one of our CAT 312 excavators. The machine had a seized stepper motor cable so this was replaced and now all ok. But we found another issue that the machine will not auto accelerate when loading the hydraulics. The computer LED is showing green so a bit stuck at the moment. We think something else may be blown. I would be grateful if someone could post the electrical wiring diagrams so we could check the circuit and also if someone has the whole chapter from the service manual that would be great. Thanks
Need the machine Serial Number to ensure the schematic is the correct one, plus an e-mail address to forward it to. PM me ..............
Got the PM with the Serial #. Is this a grey market machine machine..? Cat system has no information regarding that prefix. What model year is it..? Is it a 312, 312B, 312C, or 312D, and lastly does it have an "L" suffix on the model number or not (eg. 312BL) ..?
Hi Nige, its a straight 312. not a grey market machine as far as know. Picked it up at an auction in GA. The year is 1995. and its not a B or a BL. But looking at it its definitely a straight 312 as far as i know.
Your options as far as I can see for a straight 312 excavator are 6BL & 6GK prefix. I'll flick you everything I can find applicable for those 2 prefixes. Maybe it will help. Hope so. PM me an engine Serial Number if you have it handy. I'll see what I can track down from that...........
hi Nige, Thanks for your help. Will check it asap and send it over to you.
You have mail, and I'm outa here for the night ............
Hi All, I have a trouble with my CAT 312CL, no power to solenoid valve on swing brake. Can anyone helps me with schematic drawing? My appreciation.
As usual - need the Serial Number ..............
Nige ! ….. as a side note from the past posting here ??? ….. When I first got my '94 6GK from Finning (it was one off of their Rental Fleet) every time the Parts guys looked this machine up it showed as a Grey-Market unit …. I was getting the wrong Grey Parts, like filters and such ……. Then the SIS system had a glitch ….. Finning sorted it out and after that it always came up as a N.A. built unit ….major differences were that CAT/Finning had all of the components changed at the factory, but failed to change the system I.D's to North American numbers ….. Cheers …. GK
SIS is wonderful most of the time. As for the rest ........... OMG...!!
I forgot to mention that those Wrong parts were the only for the Grey, and the filters and such were twice the cost to boot …. the filters that my machine takes are ALL standard common off the shelf everyday CAT parts stocked everywhere …..
Serial no CAT 312CL Hi Nigel. The serial no is 6LK24395 Cheers Thai
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Also have an issue with the travel alarm on a cat 312d s/n 0312DTFBJ02230. Travel alarm works if I link up the relay contacts. Fault is between relay winding and controller or travel switch? Can anyone please help me with a circuit diagram? Any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers! Tony.
Solenoid switch fixed ours