When traveling forward or reverse one track is considerably slower than the other any ideas where to start looking?
The wrenches will need a serial # in order to pull up the right specs.
6gk01536
I edited the thread title giving a little more description of the problem. Good luck!
plugged hyd line?
First thing to do would be check the oil in the final drive on the slow side for the presence of metal to rule out the possibility of mechanical damage. Has this problem appeared suddenly or has it slowly got worse over time.?
It never traveled very well so I resealed the swivel joint and it worked great for a year or so. Then it started traveling slower on one side almost all of a sudden. It travels decent if you only push the fast side half way.
When you revealed the swivel what was the condition of the chrome on the spindle.? Was the outer housing corroded internally.? (They get like that from rainwater getting in from the top) I suspect that your resealed swivel has gone South.
Damn autocorrect. I meant "resealed"......
It was all pretty clean inside
Well if there are no sparklies in the final drive oil on the "slow" side my suggestion would be go back into the swivel.
Advice given to me by guru's, go to the last thing fixed first
Thanks I will look into it
I got a chance to run it, my father is in it most of the time. I seems like in reverse it travels pretty straight, but going forward is when it really travels faster on one side.
3 main possibilities would be. Swivel valve. Pilot control or travel pedal. Travel motor crossover relief. There are adjustable screws in the travel pedal that can wear over time and cause the pilot control to not go to full travel but that should happen gradually.
Maybe even look at the floor area under the travel pedals and make sure nothing is preventing them from moving their full range. It’s amazing what a bit of mud/dirt can do.