Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Safety lever not working / overridden?

C9021 ยท 2024-05-05 15:39

I have a Case 9021 (1999) (Sumitomo made, US equivalent Link-Belt) which I bought with many faults in it. I ordered a new controller for it and got it working. (Still have some programming to do) The previous owner worked with the machine by manually pulling the throttle lever in the engine bay and now I fear he has also meddled with the safety functions because everything in the excavator works regardless which position the safety lever is on. Now when I replaced the controller and I got back the LCD panel functions I can see that the lock symbol is on with the lever up and lock symbol goes off when the lever is lowered. So the switch itself works. Since I am not familiar with excavators I don't know how this should function. 1. What functions this safety lever disconnects? Should anything move at all? Only with low power? What? 2. How would you override the safety lever? By these answers I can possibly reverse engineer and search what has been done. 3. 'Bout all the cylinders are leaking - Could this overriding be the cause or just the fact it has done just over 15000 hours and everything breaks at the same time? Sincerely, Samuel

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2024-05-05 18:31

    9021? Do you have serial number? The controls should not work unless the safety switch is engaged. The cylinders are probably just old and seals are dried out

  2. #2C90212024-05-06 02:09

    Machine is in Europe, and it says 9021 on the stickers on the side of the machine. Serial DCH2100316. So some wires have been tampered to make it functional without the safety lever. Where would be the most probable place to look for additional wiring? Sincerely, Samuel