New member here. I have a Cat 312 Rega that I replaced the engine in. I am trying to calibrate the throttle. The stepper motor and two cables have also been replaced. Is there a procedure to adjust the throttle cables before doing the throttle calibration? Someone tried to calibrate it, but it would not complete the calibration and they gave up. I am now continuing to finish the work without the proper manual which is hard to get. I did manage to do some googling to figure out that there was a fault code for the engine speed sensor and have one on order. It was screwed in too far and damaged. Thanks in advance for any help.
Check out this thread. I think the procedure should work for your machine. If you don’t see your model listed post a Serial Number. HeavyEquipmentForums For a REGA grey market machine you’ll need to get hold of some manuals eventually because there is nothing in the online system. Your local Cat dealer will look at you like you’ve grown a second head when you give them the Serial Number
There may also be some useful information in this thread. HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks for the information, this is gold to me. S/N 7DK02049 arr#412936 eng 3064 s/n 6LK02568 arr#417361 Engine has been replaced with new Mitsubishi from overseas. The was price was right. The throttle on this machine has the wheel on the pump throttle lever that the accel and decel cables wrap around. Sounds like the adjustment should work the same. I will eventually search for service manuals, hopefully find some in English. I will update after I work on it again in a couple of weeks. It is six hours away from me.
For a Parts Manual you require Cat Publication XJBP7177. Despite what it says in the illustration below this manual is only for 7DK-prefix machines with S/N up to 3000, which includes yours. This publication is available to download in pdf format from the Cat Pubs web site. Simply put XJBP7177 in the box and click the Search button.
Here is an update. I installed the new speed sensor. I was able to get further into the throttle calibration procedure when a "10" kept showing up on the display and was not able to proceed further. I did end up finding the proper manual for this serial number and it has everything needed. the "10" indicates the amount of turns to make to the cable end adjusting nuts. I also determined the decelerator cable was binding inside. I did manage to free it up, but have not determined if i am going to replace the cables and actuator yet. I am going to try the calibration procedure again before I head back home for a couple of weeks. I am reading the manual which is a couple thousand pages and you have to jump from section to section. I will be back.