Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 312 Track Help

R Glover ยท 2010-05-31 13:54

Hey guys, I need some advice/help on my Cat 312 left track. I have been trying to adjust it. The plug would not take any grease so I pulled it out, soaked it in gas. This freed up whatever was clogged. I screwed it back in, put grease to it and the grease comes out of the top of the cylinder about 2 inchs above the grease plug. There seems to be a little hole at the top of the cylinder that the grease is coming out of. Anyone had this problem before? Thanks Rube

Replies3
  1. #1Per Eriksson2010-05-31 15:51

    Sounds like you're either missing the outlet relief valve or it not being tightened enough. Do you have a hex head about 7/8" near the grease nipple? that is the relief valve and should be thight.

  2. #2QuickTrax2010-05-31 20:50

    Sometimes debree will get into the hole and not let the valve seat correctly.

  3. #3R Glover2010-05-31 22:17

    Per Eriksson, That was the problem, got the track tightened up and rollin again. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated sir. Rube