Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 3126

tuney443 ยท 2012-05-04 09:03

Any old[or young--I don't discriminate] hands on the ''how to'' of the R+R on the 3126 oil cooler?Took it apart last night as the lil miniscule barely leaking over 3 years became a stream of oil bleeding out yesterday.Looks straight forward but I don't need any glitches.

Replies5
  1. #1tuney4432012-05-05 04:59

    Got er done.What a PITA !!!!!!!!!! The block gasket took over 2 hours scraping it off because of the miniscule room I had to work in with my body all contorted like a pretzel.Took a lot of self control not to use any sealant on those gaskets as per Cat's recommendations.

  2. #2John C.2012-05-05 23:40

    Have to congratulate you on getting that job done. I haven't worked on that particular engine but have been in many of the uncanny positions that would make a yoga instructor cringe. I hope you don't ache and cramp up to much tonight.

  3. #3willie592012-05-06 00:09

    Agreed John C. How many times have I looked (for several moments) at a component and contemplated "how the hell am I gonna get to that?"

  4. #4tuney4432012-05-06 19:03

    That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I disassembled that cooler Thursday.When the service manager at Cat told me his guys do that R+R in 4 hours,I was thinking to myself that means close to 2 full days for me----and it was.

  5. #5tuney4432012-05-06 19:05

    Thanks.No leaks,but yes I did cramp up,especially my left knee doing lots of walking today at a huge car/parts show---SUCKS BEING OLD!!!!!!