Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 3126 loader engine

Leathwood ยท 2022-05-06 17:55

Hey, I have a cat loader with a 3126 engine. It has the MUI fuel system. I have borrowed all the tools to be able to do the job. I have some instructions but I am having trouble understanding them when it comes to using the expander. From what I can get from the instructions is you put the expander in the sleeve and then torque the mandrel on the expander to 10ft/lbs ? Is anyone able to clarify if this is correct ? Thanks for any help

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2022-05-06 18:06

    If you have never done sleeves on a 3126 before it is not a job for the uninitiated and easy to get it wrong. CMark is the guy to give you an opinion. An engine S/N would also help to locate information.

  2. #2Cmark2022-05-06 18:18

    Yes, that's it. Oil the expander, put it in the sleeve and start to turn it with a tourque wrench. Actually AFAIK set to 8 lb/ft. As you turn you will start to feel the torque increase. Stop turning when the torque wrench clicks off.

  3. #3Leathwood2022-05-06 18:57

    Ok thank you. I will be back at it tommorow

  4. #4Leathwood2022-05-09 19:45

    Hey just wanted to say that I finished the job on the weekend and tested the machine all today and all went well. Thanks for the help