Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 3126 swap

Salfred · 2023-06-28 17:04

I have a 2003 ford 750 with a 3126 s/n CKM59703. The motor is bad am I'm look at swapping it out with another 3126 s/n CKM59703. The balancers are very different, on the donor engine the balancer to large and want clear the engine fan. I would like to know if I can swap everything off the front and it want effect anything?

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2023-06-28 18:13

    The two Serial Numbers you posted are both the same…..

  2. #2Salfred2023-06-29 06:16

    CKM56788 is the donor engine.

  3. #3Nige2023-06-29 06:50

    Totally different engines. Your engine is rated 250 BHP @ 2200 RPM The donor is rated 325 BHP @ 2400 RPM. Lots of differences including the front gear group, crankshaft, camshaft, turbo, etc, et.

  4. #4Salfred2023-06-29 08:10

    Thank you for the info, I don't believe its going to work out because of the clearance for the balancer. From what I understand you have to run what's on the engine, there is no changing parts from one engine to another.

  5. #5Nige2023-06-29 08:40

    Apart from anything else the crankshaft and the damper from each engine are a “matched pair”, certainly from a Part Number point or view. So to be able to install the damper from your failed engine on to the donor it would also be necessary to install the same part number of crankshaft that’s in your current engine into the donor.