Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help finding a rare yoke for my old Ford dump truck

MattR ยท 2023-06-28 13:27

Can anyone help me find a yoke for my old Ford dump truck? It seems to be an odd one. All my parts suppliers have come up empty-handed. Ford yoke part # C1TT 4351 B. Thank you very much

Replies8
  1. #1crane operator2023-06-28 18:08

    If you give us a idea of what the truck/ engine/ transmission/ is and a picture, you're likely to get a lot more help, than just from the part #. Especially if its a old large ford, because those numbers are all obsolete. Have you tried a driveline shop? I have before had new yokes put into a driveline to a available style.

  2. #2MattR2023-06-28 18:43

    Yep I will post pictures and better information soon.

  3. #3cfherrman2023-06-28 19:23

    I'll tell ya a story when I was looking for a u joint for my rig that is made in 1965. Parts guy told me it was a 1700 and I called many people looking for one. Finally I went to a different store, 1710, super common, and cheap. So make sure you get it id'ed correctly

  4. #4Truck Shop2023-06-28 21:31

    First off what size and model is this Ford, I'm thinking with a {C} prefix late 60"s. Is this yoke on a drive line or is it a Transmission yoke or drive axle yoke?

  5. #5terex herder2023-07-01 18:45

    C1 prefix was first used in 1961. Ford had the best part numbering system of about any manufacturer.

  6. #6Truck Shop2023-07-01 21:51

    That's true-depending on how many leftovers there were it could be 1966 with a C1 yoke. Ford was famous for clearing the shelves-most of it went to municipal won bids.

  7. #7Old Doug2023-07-02 08:25

    This is very true but unbelievable how they could the way they build stuff . I think a lot of there pickups are one off hand built. I can't remember what it was but I couldn't find a part and when I did the guy says yes I have one and its the only one there is . I don't know how he know but I believed him.

  8. #8terex herder2023-07-02 10:10

    Yes, C1 first year of usage was 1961, it says nothing about year of manufacture. The part number remained the same throughout its life. Could have still been used in the 1980's.