I am going out to this machine in the next couple of weeks and need to change the hydraulic Rad (oil cooler). Is there anything special to do?........ do I just release the pressure, unbolt the rad, remove the top and bottom hose, replace with new, bolt and pipe up, fill with hyd fluid and away we go............. cheers .......Lets hope it's this easy!!!!
While you have the oil cooler separated from the radiator it would be a good idea to externally pressure wash the rad. Having the cooler out is the one of the few opportunities you'll ever get to blast high pressure water right through the unit.
Dear mrh1966, you are correct that changing one new set of hydraulic cooler if the hydraulic cooler is broken or damage, one more things to take note is the water radiator should dismantle and wash it by vendors as to keep both radiators in good running condition. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Hi HappyKobelco...........Yes you are right......once I had the old cooler out i washed and blew out with compressed air before installing the new oil cooler back..........it was quite a simple job once I had removed all the bits I needed to get at the holding bolts etc.......Have left the machine now with new sprocket and top roller, new hydraulic radiator(oil cooler), reconditioned the track adjuster....full diesel service, lines blown out, new filter etc, new teeth on bucket, new rear doors.....and new seals on JCB rams........quite a productive week!!!! considering I was on an island in the middle of nowhere, with limited tools...........left 2 machine running and working again.........until the next time!!!!!!!