Hello All, I have a 24" Rock Bucket that I'd Like to Fabricate a Removal Ripper on the Back Side of the Bucket. This is for a JD 690C Hoe. My friend told me that this would work well to dig out the tuff shale that I have on my property. I'd like to see a few pictures of how the ripper shank is held (welded on bracket and still removal) on the back side of the bucket. I had a (4) gang ripper set up on the back of a 977 H but junked the machine a couple years... regret it now. These ripper's were about 2 1/2 or 3 ft. long and were detachable. So, if you can, send me a few pictures or information of how you did yours. I did a search here and saw where a guy made (1) from a heavy a duty hunk of steel. However, I think the mounted ripper on the bucket would be a multi-purpose and more productive. I have a well equipped fabrication shop with -- 400 amp welder, plasma (cuts 1 1/4") cutter, torches, etc. . [email protected] Thanks, Avery
Esco makes buckets with that option. On the back hump of the bucket there would be one or two boxes that a ripper would slide into. I don't know why but on the double ripper buckets I saw they were always mounted on a angle.
I have had several of those style, with a ripper pocket welded on the back of the bucket, shank slides in and then pins. I have one now with the pocket welded an the inside with a hole through the bottom of the bucket which allows the shank to penetrate deeper and I believe is stronger by design. The shanks are about a D 6 size. Shame your not closer as I have ended up with a stack of em. I bet if you did a youtube search some has videos of them.
Hi ddigger, do you still have the shanks you're talking about? How about the pocket weldment? Thanks,quinq
Yes I just saw a couple this wk end.
Do you have pockets for the shanks? Can you PM me? Thanks