Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 312B Swing Motor Leaking…

anuradha ยท 2021-09-05 10:04

Hi every one , Our cat 312b excavator's swing motor is leaking from this alen key bolt. i think may be an oring is bad if not what will be the cause for this ?. may i know that how can i repair it. from where should i disassemble it ? Thank You.

Replies6
  1. #1John C.2021-09-05 10:43

    I would probably look up the motor in a parts book and see if there is an O ring under there. If I didn't have a parts book, I would relieve the pressure on the hydraulic tank and remove the plug slowly to inspect it. There may be a spring and a spool underneath it.

  2. #2heymccall2021-09-05 10:50

    Looks like spool behind, but, not spring loaded. Serial number would help.

  3. #3H6212021-09-08 00:23

    Should just be an oring.

  4. #4heymccall2021-09-08 00:36

    I picked a 2NS serial, since you didn't share one. Need 1 O-ring and 1 backup ring per plug, item #2&3.

  5. #5anuradha2021-09-08 00:39

    Sorry i couldn't mention the serial number. It is 8jr model one.

  6. #6heymccall2021-09-08 00:47

    8JR uses same swing motor as 2NS that I listed above.