Do any of you have recommendations for Engine noise damping foam? My 442 has a ton of it that is breaking up pretty bad. I want to replace it, but bobcat no longer sells it, and if they did it would likely be $1,000,000. hehe. I can cut it and shape it, I just want to make sure I use the right stuff that won't you know, catch fire! Thanks!
Ha! I see we have the same dealer.. . It's the reason I divorced Bobcat in 2016 and never looked back. My recommendation would be to remove it all and run the machine as it doesn't do much to dampen the noise. Removed all the insulation on our 953C rear doors as it was all falling apart and there is no difference in the 3126 screaming at high idle with or without insulation.
Check out the Amazon: Visit the Design Engineering Store 4.6 out of 5 stars 174Reviews Design Engineering 050130 Boom Mat Under-Hood Thermal Acoustic Lining, 32" x 54" x .75" (12 sq. feet)
Haha. Ya, I am really happy with my CAT Compact Track Loader and my local service depart. I would love a decent sized CAT excavator, but frankly it is out of my price range. I picked up this Bobcat 442 because it only has 1,700 hours and I was able to get it for 17K. I am just using it around the farm and for build my house. My guess that a used CAT in this size would probably be 50-60K range.
I did see that stuff, have you used it before?
It’s a bit expensive. I’ve used it for hood and panel repairs and it sticks good. The benefit with Amazon is availability and no fuss. That particular seller has a bunch of other heat protection products.
Cool, thank you!