Pretty sure my 1998 machine with 6500 hours is experiencing a swivel joint problem based on forum research. The tracks experience mysterious travel and function problems on turns but not in a straight line. Drives are strong and straight on straight travel or incline. No leakage underneath. I don't have a repair manual and can do my own work unless hours are lengthy. Had complete hydraulic oil exchange 100 hours ago by factory. If anyone can help me with directions or parts....really helpful and appreciated.
Just curious what the 'mysterious problems' are. If the travel is straight and strong what happens if you swivel the cab while traveling ? I recently replaced the swivel seals on my 312B and it is not extremely difficult but may require a 'crows foot' (which is not a common tool) depending on how you go about it. Parts (seals) are easy, just call Cat, . . . around $90 - $100. I have the parts book but it's SN dependent and you did not provide the SN.